A stable first aid essential! SwellDOWN is a clay poultice that quickly takes heat out of inflammation, reducing swelling and overall leg soreness. Can be used on broken skin & easy to wash off.
What is SwellDOWN?
SwellDOWN’s special mixture of montmorillonite clay and unique ingredients has a cooling effect on injuries often caused by hard knocks or jarring. The clay, used as a poultice, draws out heat and reduces swelling commonly generated at damaged sites to aid a more rapid recovery. It is fast, effective and an excellent tightener around knees, ankles and tendons.
SwellDOWN contains NO substances in concentrations that breach the rules of racing.
How does SwellDOWN work?
The combination of wet clay, essential oils and minerals in SwellDOWN has a cooling effect on the skin. Heat produced by exercise or injury is drawn out at a rapid rate, limiting hypoxic (lack of oxygen) damage and reducing the risk of oedema (fluid retention) and muscle damage, thereby aiding recovery.
- Magnesium Sulphate: Delivers the cooling drawing action to lessen pain.
- Potassium Aluminium Sulphate: Works to ‘tighten’ the leg, keeping swelling and inflammation at a minimum.
- Calcium Carbonate: Adjusts the poultice to the correct pH level.
- Oil of Peppermint and Eucalyptus:
- Reduces muscle pain and inflammation.
- Creates a cooling sensation; keeps horse comfortable.
- Glycerine: A humectant (retains moisture) which softens & moisturises the skin. Reduces itchiness.
- Wet montmorillonite clay: Binds the actives together and keeps them wet, so effective for longer.
SwellDOWN is of benefit for:
- After training, trialling and post-race
- After exercise (especially on hard or heavy ground)
- After events
- First sign of inflammation
- Can be used to draw out stone bruises
Features & Benefits
- Delivers a drawing action to help reduce swelling, heat and inflammation.
- Fast and effective tightener around knees, ankles and tendons.
Wet clay, essential oils and minerals have a cooling effect on the skin.
The clay binds the actives together and retains moisture.
Can be used to help draw out stone bruises and general hoof soreness.
Softens and moisturises the skin.
Washes off easily with water.
- Contains NO substances in concentrations which breach the rules of racing.